Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pretty pictures: Phalaenopsis Madeline Hayden

Well, it's not orange. So that's something.


Initially, I was unimpressed with this one, but it seems pretty cool now. Maybe I'm drawn to the plainer, calmer Phalaenopsis varieties, as opposed to the ones with the wild dots and stripes and what have you. I mean, Phal. Mistral's Sunrise Flame 'Mendenhall' was one of my favorites from last year's show, and I had relatively nice things to say about Phal. (Sogo Yukidian x Brother Oxford) in October.


So maybe my problem with phals is not that I find them boring so much as I would like them to be more boring.

Phalaenopsis Madeline Hayden = Phalaenopsis Taisuco Carol x Phalaenopsis Taisuco Peace (Ref.)


2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Important to choose those pleasing to your eye because the blossoms hang around for a long time.

R said...

I like this, delicate and elegant.